Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Karpal Singh claims trial to sedition charge

KUALA LUMPUR, Tue.:

Veteran lawyer and politician Karpal Singh claimed trial at the KL Sessions court to one count of sedition against the Sultan of Perak.

He is alleged to have uttered seditious words during a media conference at his office in Jalan Pudu Lama here between noon and 12.30pm on Feb 6.

He was charged section 4 (1) (b) of the Sedition Act1948. If convicted, he faces a maximum RM5,000 fine or three years jail, o rboth.

He was represented by 13 lawyers including himself and four of his children.

Bail was granted at RM2,000. The case has been transfered to the High Court. The next mention date will be determined by the High Court.

News by NSTOnline..

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

Please note that this is a PERSONAL blog (my blog) and views expressed here are of a personal nature. Reading any part of my blog, constitutes your agreement to exposing yourself to MY personal views, thus surrendering all rights to me bitching and trashing about it in any other manner as I please. Upon reading, you immediately waive all rights for any legal action, binding when entries are proven not to incite political, racial or religious hatred. I DO NOT have control on what's happening in my shoutbox, therefore ALL NAMES or TEXT entered in SHOUTBOX are beyond my ability to monitor, delete and administrate.