Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PM: No agenda in unexpected meeting with Anwar

KOTA KINABALU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has dismissed any political agenda in his unexpected meeting with Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim at a religious school in Hulu Langat on Tuesday.

"There was no discussion between me and Anwar. There is nothing more about it,” he told reporters here Wednesday after visiting the Sepangar naval base.

He said he was invited by well known Ustza Sheikh Mahmud Al-Mazjub to celebrate Malulidur Rasul as to mark the ending of the spiritual development of the Uztaz.

"I was having my lunch with the Sheikh when Anwar came (later). We were listening to the Sheikh Mahmuds during lunch, he said in dismissing bloggers speculations of political implications about the meeting.

Asked if a date has been set for the transition of power between him and his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, he replied: "Of course we have a date. I have discussed with Najib. I will make official (in time)."

News by TheStar..

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

Please note that this is a PERSONAL blog (my blog) and views expressed here are of a personal nature. Reading any part of my blog, constitutes your agreement to exposing yourself to MY personal views, thus surrendering all rights to me bitching and trashing about it in any other manner as I please. Upon reading, you immediately waive all rights for any legal action, binding when entries are proven not to incite political, racial or religious hatred. I DO NOT have control on what's happening in my shoutbox, therefore ALL NAMES or TEXT entered in SHOUTBOX are beyond my ability to monitor, delete and administrate.